Saturday, June 8, 2013

An Invitation ....

 
 
 
Binoculars #177 / View from Avery Point - Summer's Here!
36" x 36". Oil on Birch Panel. 2013. Copyright.
 
 
RESERVED
for
 
'Summer in Connecticut' show
 
Invitation Dates and Times to be Announced!
 
_________________________________________________________
 
 
Speaking of Invitations!
 
Over the years, creating a studio painting has
become a rather private process for me.
 
I rarely show works in progress to anyone.
 
It is very much along the lines of keeping a private journal
where all the untold secrets and confessions are kept
which are fiercely protected and never meant to be shared ....
 
But, today I feel compelled to share a little with you!
 
So, I invite you into my studio to have a look at
my process of creating a studio painting.
 
Enjoy!!
 
 
Stage 1: Blocking in and having fun.
 
 
 
Stage 2: Building transparent and opaque layers.
 
 
 
Stage 3: Blocking in Composition and, darks and lights.
 
 
 
Stage 4: Blocking in Composition and, darks and lights cont'.
 
 
 
Stage 5: Refining form and, darks and lights.
 
 
 
Stage 6: Refining the values, forms,
and other compositional elements.
 
 

Stage 7: Refining highlights and compositional elements.
 
 
 
Stage 8: And Voila! Zee finishing touches!
 
 
________________________________________________________
 
Mind you, I can't divulge all of my secrets in one fell swoop,
however this gives you a basic idea of my painting process.
 
Please stay tuned for more what's new from the studio!
 
Cheers, ~ Polly ~


2 comments:

jeronimus said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process.

Seip Fine Art said...

Thank you, Jeronimus!!