Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Artistic Wisdom of Ludwig van Beethoven



Polly Seip. Winter Sunsets - On the way Home #12.
6"x6". Oil on mdo board. 2011. Copyright.
Available at the Cate Charles Gallery.

-------------------------------------

"Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."

~ Ludwig van Beethoven.


---------------------------------

I discovered this beautiful slice of artistic wisdom while listening to this. Enjoy!

3 comments:

R. Delight said...

Hi Polly, greetings from the left coast of the U.S.! I jumped over here from your link on LinkedIn. I saw this quote recently on the piano guys youtube channel (worth checking out for the incredible music videos they put up), and now here on your blog. Looking forward to reading more.

Seip Fine Art said...

Hey there Delight from the left coast of the U.S.!

It is a great pleasure to meet you!

Yes, a dear friend of mine shared The Piano Guys video and that is where I discovered the quote as well. Being so moved by the combination of Beethoven's words of wisdom and the music, I simply had to share it in a blog post! And speaking of which, thank you kindly for jumping over to my little studio blog for a visit and for your following as well!

If, you have any questions about me and or my art, please feel free to ask, ok! I'll be sure to skip over to your page and see what you're up to!

Thank you and Big Cheers, ~ Polly ~

SarahS said...

Love the quote. Love the painting!