Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Plein-air Efforts of the Day ...

 
 
Well, yesterday's efforts that is!
 
 Plein-air / Golden Glow.
10" x 10". Oil on mdo board. 2013. Copyright.

For all inquiries on pricing and shipping please email me.

Thank you!
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Despite the temperatures being bitterly cold and otherwise advising
to stay in the comforts of the warm indoors; I dismissed reason,
suited-up, and ventured off to Mohegan Park, a few miles up the road
from the studio for a little plein-air painting excursion.

Aside from the dutiful Sercuity Guard making the appointed rounds,
the park was more-or-less vacant and for good reason; it was cold!
 I said my 'Hello(s)' and carried on to more important business
i.e., finding a spot to claim as my own!
As I walked along the gravel path I allowed myself to just enjoy
the beautiful surroundings and not worrying too much about
finding a spot to paint and then it happened!
The 'Ah-ha!' moment appeared!

The sunlight was dancing in and out of the clouds
and shadows played on the unphased landscape,
creating for some rather striking light, colours and contrast.

From across the wooden bridge,
the golden glow of the winter grasses, won first place!

However, there was another equally lovely scene,
not 40 feet away to my left was biding for my attention;
I decided, why not combine the two!?!

 
 
 First place: the Golden Glow!
 
 
Roughing in composition, colours, and values. 
 

Second place: Golden Glow with foreground. 
 
 
Roughing in the location of the trees.
 
You may notice I took the liberty of
omitting a few things and creating a few things.
 
Afterall it is Artistic License!
 
Well, I hope you stick around for more
what's new and maybe old the studio!
 
Cheers, ~ Polly ~
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: