Tuesday, December 16, 2014

New Work: Words from the studio on Binoculars #192.





Binoculars #192 - The Hang Out
22" x 22". Oil on Gessoed Sandeply Panel. 2014. Copyright.
(View from Napatree Point, Watch Hill, RI)

Update: (Jan 2, 2014) This piece is no longer available.

________________________________________________________


I will admit ....

This piece struggled to come into its very own.
There was much resistance from it along the way.  
At times, it's as though it didn't want to be created!
I never felt such resistance in a piece before.

There were times when 'I' was ready to paint 
but suddenly I found myself taken away from the piece,
like a parent losing their grip of their child's hand 
in a crowd of people.
There were times where things seemed to be going well 
only to find out actually things weren't going well. 

Everything in its creation mattered to me.
But ....
There were definitive moments when 
  this piece just wouldn't have it!
So, it was handled with a deliberate
sense of not caring ...

And that's where the painting showed itself!
It grew in leaps and bounds with those few moments!
It showed its magic to me!

Please stay tuned for more what's new from the studio!

Cheers, ~ Polly ~

No comments: