Monday, July 16, 2012

Plein-air efforts of the morning. (The Green Challenge)


The plein-air efforts of the morning.

'Honey Locust' 16" x 36". Oil on Canvas. 2012.
(9:30-11:30am)

-------------------------

Today's plein-air efforts
were challenging for a few reasons.

1. I'm still rusty at plein-air painting.

2. Green - is not my strong point.

3. Trees and woods are also not
a strong point of mine.

and

4. I painted on canvas,
not my favourite surface
to paint on - anymore.


None-the-less with all those
challenges stacked against me
it gave me all the more reason to try it! 

There are a few more canvases
kicking around the studio
which I intend to use
as I attempt (again) to become less rusty
at a favourite past time!

Stay tuned for more!!

Cheers, ~ Polly ~


3 comments:

Jim Christley said...

Keep at it. Your talent and good eye for color will see you through.

Be Well
Jim Christley

Anonymous said...

Hey Poly! Your paintings are beautiful as ever. :)

Shawn Escott

Seip Fine Art said...

Jim, I will and thank you so much for your encouragement! How've you been, my friend!?

Shawn! My goodness it's been ages how are you, my friend!? It's my understanding that you and Stobart get to spend some together here and there, you lucky duck!

Big Cheers to you both!