Sunday, November 27, 2016

Good News!

Hello World ...

At the moment, I am tentatively testing out a blog manager app 'blog touch' for blogger in the hopes of being able revive my barely breathing blog and the desire to maintain it. I realise it's been over a year since I've made a post on my blog.

Life has its way of pulling us away and thrusting us deep into it and showing us what priorities are important to us. 

For three straight years I dedicated myself to conducting Artist Interviews on my blog, which I enjoyed so very much and then those efforts faded, not exactly an intentional thing but more so because of timing and now with a less then willing laptop to keep up with my demands, the artist interviews are currently on the back burner until I can afford to purchase a new laptop. 

With this mobile blog post I hope I can at least breathe some life back into my blog .... and I have some fun and exciting news from the studio just might be the ticket!

My painting, 'Binoculars #203 - The Swimmers' recently won the 'People's Choice Award' for the show 'The New England Landscape' at the Lyme Art Association in Old Lyme, CT.


Binoculars #203 - The Swimmers.
16" x 72". Oil on Panel. 2016.
Copyright. (Private Collection).

This is the first time since high school my work has received any award!! I must admit I was truly stunned that my painting won this tremendous honour and I am still basking in the afterglow. 

So for moment if you'll allow me to slowly dust off my blog with a few blog posts here and there, I would be most grateful. Thank you!! 

Until next time ....

Cheers, ~ Polly ~


No comments: