Thursday, August 15, 2013

When a Gallery and Artist Collaborate.

 
 
 
 
Binoculars #185. View from East Boothbay, ME - 'Out for a Cruise'.
12" x 60". Oil on MDO Board. 2013. Copyright.
 
RESERVED for the Sylvan Gallery
____________________________________________________________
 
 
I have had the honour of being represented by the Sylvan Gallery since 2005.

And in 2012, the Sylvan Gallery relocated to Wiscasset ME, from Clinton CT,
and since, I currently lack a car, my travelling abilities are somewhat limited.

The owners of the Sylvan Gallery are a wife and husband duo, Ann and Rick Scanlan,
who are both a great pleasure to work with! And since their move to Maine,
there has been talk of me doing a few Binoculars of the area near their gallery.

Rick Scanlan, is also a professional fine art photographer
and he was kind enough to take a few photos of East Boothbay ME
specifically in the Binoculars format for me.

After taking elements from the photos that I naturally gravitated towards,
I came up with a largest Binoculars size yet, 12" x 60". The piece itself came together
relatively quickly because I had study the photos on/off for several weeks prior.

And the above painting is the final result of
when a gallery and artist collaborate!!

Please stay tuned for more what's new from the studio!!

Cheers, ~ Polly ~




 

No comments: